The Importance Of Preventive Dentistry
Wondering why you need to see a dentist twice a year?
Just as you visit your doctor once a year to prevent certain health problems, you should also visit your dentist regularly for preventive dental care. Don’t just turn to our Crystal, MN, family dentist Dr. Kimberlee Murphy when you are dealing with problems. In fact, the main goal of preventive dentistry is to ensure that your smile stays healthy and free from problems in the first place. Here’s what preventive dentistry entails,
- Prophylactic dental cleanings and comprehensive checkups every six months with your Crystal, MN, family dentist
- Patient education: we love providing our patients with information, advice and recommendations on everything from what type of toothbrush to use to how to protect your smile while playing sports
- Brushing and flossing (your at-home routine)
- Dental sealants
- Fluoride treatment
- Oral cancer screenings, which we perform right here in our practice during your routine checkups
- Wearing a mouthguard when playing sports
- Wearing a nightguard while you sleep (if you’re a teeth grinder, your dentist can certainly let you know at your next checkup!)
What is the purpose of preventive dentistry?
As you can probably surmise, it’s much easier to maintain a healthy smile than it is to fix the issue once it’s surfaced. Preventive dentistry saves you time, money and a whole lot of stress (we want to save you from unnecessary dental procedures). Our goal when you walk through our doors is to provide you and your family with the comprehensive and individualized dental care you need to keep your mouth healthy and beautiful.
Here are just some of the benefits of coming into the office every six months,
- You’ll leave with a cleaner and whiter smile and fresher breath (always a win!)
- We can remove plaque and tartar buildup to reduce your risk for cavities and gum disease
- We can identify early warning signs of decay and provide you with preventive measures you can take to reverse it or at least prevent it from getting worse
- We can recommend unique products and dish out nutritional advice tailored to your health, your risk level for certain problems and your age
- We can pinpoint early signs of oral cancer when it’s highly treatable
- We can prevent cavities in high-risk individuals with fluoride treatment, deep cleanings and sealants (particularly children and teens)
If you are looking for a family dentist in Crystal, MN, that can provide your whole family with comprehensive preventive dental care that is gentle, friendly and caring, then call Crystal Dental Care at (763) 537-3655 to schedule your appointment today.