Restore Your Smile With Dental Implants
Has tooth loss marred your once beautiful smile? If so, dental implants can fix rebuild it better than ever before! Here at Crystal Dental Care in Crystal, MN, dentist Dr. Kimberlee Murphy offers implants and other dental care services to maximize both your appearance and oral health!
What are dental implants?
Implants are small posts made of titanium, the same metal that is used in hip and knee replacements. These titanium implants bond to your jawbone after a period of 3 to 6 months, after which they operate as synthetic tooth roots. Once they have fused with the jaw, implants act as a stable foundation for a subsequently attached dental crown, a step that effectively provides you with a brand new tooth!
Are implants a good option for me?
Implants are an excellent option if:
- You're concerned about your appearance: Even one missing tooth can completely alter your appearance and make you feel a little less confident. Dental implants offer the ideal way to restore your smile.
- You want a long-term restoration option: Your new dental implant will never need to be replaced in most cases. Crown replacements will be needed every 10 to 15 years, but it's cheaper to replace a crown than an entire bridge or denture.
- You're healthy: Good oral and general health is important if you're considering a dental implant. Although most people are good candidates for the restorations, implants may not be a good choice if you take immune-suppressing drugs (such as chemotherapy medication), have a disease or condition that affects your immune system, smoke, or have gum disease.
- Eating is a problem: Tooth loss can make eating a challenge. Dental implants restore your ability to chew normally and don't alter your biting power.
- You want a low maintenance replacement option: If you can brush and floss your teeth, you can care for dental implants. Flossing is particularly important when you have implants, though, as daily flossing can help prevent infections that loosen your new restorations.
- You've lost one tooth or all of them: Dental implants are a popular option for single-tooth restoration but also offer an alternative to full dentures. Implant-supported dentures are applied to a metal framework in your mouth or directly to implants. As few as four implants can support an upper or lower denture.
Interested? Give us a call!
Improve your smile with dental implants! Call your Crystal, MN, dentist, Dr. Kimberlee Murphy, at (763) 537-3655 to schedule an appointment.