Benefits of a Family Dentist
Everyone needs a dentist they can rely on. That's why it's important to have someone like Dr. Kimberlee Murphy providing care for your entire family.
Here are some of the services provided by your Crystal, MN, family dentist:
Different Dental Procedures:
- Dental Bonding: Generally performed to improve the appearance of a discolored or damaged tooth, this operation consists of your dentist applying an etching solution on the tooth surface before administering composite resin that matches your other teeth. The composite is then molded to the right shape and hardened with a curing light.
- Crowns: A dental crown is a porcelain cap that reinforces week teeth or covers up defects such as cracks, dents, and chips. Crowns are especially important for severely decayed teeth that have had portions removed of them.
- Veneers: These custom tooth-covering shells are made of thin porcelain and are used to resurface an individual's teeth, especially if they're stained as result of drinking coffee or tea, smoking cigarettes, or chewing tobacco. Veneers also fix teeth that are mishappened, crooked, overcrowded, or irregularly shaped.
- Root Canal: When a cavity is deep enough to infiltrate the enamel, it reaches the nerve-rich layer of pulp causing pain. Your Crystal family dentist will need to remove the pulp, clean and disinfect the canal from any bacteria remaining, then seal the canal to prevent bacteria from entering.
Here are a few tips to stay healthy:
- Visit your dentist for bi-annual dental appointments to maintain your oral health
- Floss your teeth before bed to preserve your crowns and natural teeth
- Drink plenty of water to remove food debris
- Use fluoride-containing products, like toothpastes and mouthwash
- Eat fruits and vegetables that'll help avoid cavities
- Avoid eating hard candies and sugary food
- Brush your teeth twice a day for two full minutes
Call Us Today!
For more information on what your family dentist can provide for you, contact Dr. Kimberlee Murphy's Crystal, MN, office at 763-537-3655.